Friday, February 15, 2008

NYC - The BIG Apple

WOW - I am speechless... We arrived at the airport as a Limo waited to take us into the Big City!!! We stayed in the middle of "Time Square" - what an experience I will never forget. There was so much to do and so little time, this is defintely one place I want to come back to. The people were all nice, not what I expected when they found out we were from the South they were even more friendly. We rode the Subway and did not get mugged LOL... That is what you always think of because in the movies nothing good ever happens on the Subway. We went to SoHo where Heath Ledger lived/died a couple of weeks before. Chinatown, what an experience - Mike had a big laugh at me - he said when I would talk to the the Chinesse people I would start talking like them ($35 dollar) - I did not even realize it - and he was sure to not tell me until it was all said and done and we were back at the hotel. Oh well they understood me LOL.... We did a lot of walking and shopping... It is a Shoppers Paradise stores for miles and you never reach the end. We had dessert one night 65 stories in the air at the top of "Rockefellar Center" overlooking the City - you could see forever it was beautiful... The day we left it was so windy however clear - by the time we were leaving to board the plane a snow storm came in - I have never seen anything like it, needless to say we missed our flight from Dallas back home that day. I could go on and on but I won't I think you will get an idea of our trip from the blogs.



New York Times voted #1 Mac n Cheese. The best I have ever eaten, they of course would not give their recipe, not like the Mac n Cheese we are used to...



Beginning of the snow storm in NYC just before we were to take off Sunday. Needless to say they had to de-ice the plane and then we had to stop off in Nashville for fuel so we did not make it home :( until the next day...




ESPN Zone "Go New York Giants" Superbowl Champs 2008

Bransen & Tonya at "Grease" waiting the anticipation - ready to get the show on the road...

No comments: